Social media isn’t a fad it’s a fundamental shift in the way we communicate. If you think you can’t use it to increase your patient volume look at the information below and tell me honestly that you wouldn’t like to be a part of this conversation.
Socialnomics.com put together a video which highlights this fundamental shift. The video is great and the information is summarized below.
Years to reach 50 million users:
- Facebook=added 100 million users in less than 9 months
- iPod applications downloads hit 1 billion in 9 months
- If Facebook were a country, it would be the world’s 4th largest.
- The fastest growing segment on FB is 55-65 year old females
- 80% if twitter usage is on mobile devices
- People update anywhere anytime
- Imagine what it means for bad customer experiences?
- Youtube is the 2nd largest search engine in the world
- More than 100,000,000 videos
- There are over 200,000,000 blogs
- 54% of bloggers post content or tweet daily
Word of Mouth=World of Mouth
- 25% search results for the worlds top 20 largest brands are links to user-generated content
- 34% of bloggers post opinions about products and brands
- 78% of consumers trust peer recommendations
- Only 14% trust advertisements
Successful companies in social media act more like party planners, aggregators, and content providers than traditional advertisers. You can too!