By providing valuable information online, your hospital will increase patient volume by engaging the majority of women who go online first with health questions.
A study by iVillage illustrates how heavily online women rely on the Internet as a health resource before turning to a family member or visiting a doctor. The study shows that the Internet is often women’s first destination for insights and solutions for everyday health questions.
- 4 out of 5 (82%) women say anonymous peer networking and sharing common experiences drives them online for health matters.
- 64% say they use online communities to discuss health concerns or questions that they have not discussed with anyone else.
- 49% say online is the first place they would go to research a health question, nearly double the number who say they would go to a doctor first
So how do you take advantage of this information to increase your patient volumes? Implement a comprehensive social media strategy using the following principles:
- Identify your specific target
- Create a point of differentiation
- Share your benefit more than your capabilities (it is about them!)
- Automate (social media demands constant updating, but you don’t have time for that- the solution is the automate)
By implementing this strategy, you will increase your volumes. Look at it this way, you are online reading this post-what are your patients online reading right now. It could be information you provided!