Social media tools are not a magic bullet, but by utilizing the right mix of tools, social media is a great way to drive patient volume by delivering relevant content to interested patients at the moment they are looking for it.
Twitter is a social networking and microblogging service. A large portion of Twitter users are older adults with only 11% of users between the ages of 12 and 17.
How can you get started on Twitter?
Below are 5 easy steps to get you effectively tweeting.
- Identify your audience: you can’t reach everyone in 140 characters
- Create relevant messages: if you can provide useful information to your audience they will listen and spread your message
- Have a plan: utilize tools to easily and consistently update your page
- Integrate: Let Twitter support your greater marketing effort
- Network: Don’t wait until people find you, go find them. On average 40% of the people you follow will follow you back!